NZ Schools selection to play Australia named
allblacks.com 28 Aug 2011
The squad will assemble in Hamilton on 24 September and stay together until they return from Sydney on 10 October.
Coach Andrew Douglas said the 2011 Top Four tournament provided a fitting finale to the schools rugby season which had featured a high standard of rugby across the country.
“It’s no surprise that the selection panel includes some players from the teams competing over the weekend for the Barbarian and Moascar Cups, however there have been many outstanding performers this year – making the final selection a difficult one.”
The team is expecting a tough match against Australia but will be looking for a repeat of their 30-21 win against Australia last year in Dunedin.
“I’m confident that we have the team that will put us in the best position to take this game, but we’re not taking anything for granted. We know they will be strong and the Australian boys will be determined to add to the Wallabies win against the All Blacks yesterday,” he said.
The squad will play against the Waikato Under 20s and an Australia ‘A’ team In advance of the Australian test on Saturday, 8 October.
New Zealand Schools selection to play Australia Schools:
1. Conan Houkamau, Gisborne Boys High School
2. Dillan Halaholo, Mt Albert Grammar
3. Joe Walsh, Hamilton Boys High School
4. Josh Davey, St Peter's Cambridge
5. Sione Mafileo St Kentigerns
6. Brandon Nansen, Sacred Heart College
7. Scott Scrafton, St Kentigerns
8. Patrick Tuipulotu, St Peter's College Auckland
9. Joe Edwards, St Kentigerns
10. Ardie Savea, Rongotai College
11. Levi Guildford, Napier Boys High School
12. Mitchell Brown, New Plymouth Boys High School
13. Kane Jacobsen, Hamilton Boys High School
14. Sheridan Rangihuna, Gisborne Boys High School
15. Ben Edwards, Feilding High School
16. Simon Hickey, Kings College
17. Calvary Fonoti, Onehunga High School
18. Michael Collins, Otago Boys High School
19. Jason Emery, Palmerston North Boys High School
20. Ngani Laupage, Palmerston North Boys High School
21. Roger Tuivasa-Scheck, Otahuhu High School
22. Ngataua Hukatai, Kings College
23. Joe Webber, Hamilton Boys High School
24. Lolagi Visinia, Kelston Boys High School
Most popular News:
Konnichiwa and Hola! Two new teams confirmed for 2016 Investec Super Rugby21.Nov.2014
Cardinal McCaw long ago exorcised the demons of Cardiff20.Nov.2014
Grinning All Blacks could be a worry for Wales20.Nov.2014
All Blacks team named to play Wales20.Nov.2014
George Ford tasked with guiding England20.Nov.2014
Hurricanes confirm visit to Gisborne20.Nov.2014