Late change to
Wallabies - Alexander ruled out
rugby.com.au 18 Oct 2012 Getty Images
Kepu, who is returning from a knee injury, last appeared for the Wallabies during the opening Bledisloe Cup Test of the year in Sydney.
The withdrawal of Alexander is the second change to the original match night squad announced by the Wallabies after hooker Saia Fainga’a was forced to withdraw following a mishap at training on Tuesday where scans later confirmed a broken bone in his hand.
Fainga’a has been replaced on the bench by his Queensland Reds’ team-mate James Hanson, who joined the team as a reinforcement during the recent tour of South Africa and Argentina, replacing the injured Stephen Moore.
Should Hanson be required to take the field, he will become the 865th player to appear for the Wallabies in a game given Test status by the Australian Rugby Union.
He would also be the 12th new cap to have featured for the Wallabies in 11 Tests this year.
The revised Wallabies team:
15. Mike Harris (Queensland Reds)
14. Nick Cummins (Western Force)
13. Ben Tapuai (Queensland Reds)
12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
11. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
10. Kurtley Beale (Melbourne Rebels)
9. Nick Phipps (Melbourne Rebels)
8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
7. Michael Hooper (Brumbies)
6. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force, captain)
4. Sitaleki Timani (NSW Waratahs)
3. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)
Run on Reserves:
16. Saia Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
17. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs)
18. Kane Douglas (NSW Waratahs)
19. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
20. Liam Gill (Queensland Reds)
21. Brett Sheehan (Western Force)
22. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)
Most popular News:
Thorn set for career exit with Baabaas24.May.2015
'Bittersweet' end to Women's Sevens campaign23.May.2015
Highlanders surging towards Super Rugby Finals23.May.2015
Late fightback not enough for brave Crusaders23.May.2015
Hurricanes claim bonus point in miserable conditions23.May.2015
Highlander Ben Smith set to reach 100th Super Rugby milestone23.May.2015