Heartland XV team named for NZ Marist match
allblacks.com 02 Nov 2012
1. Matt Fetu - South Canterbury
2. Ngarimu Simpkins - East Coast
3. Shaun McDonough - Wanganui
4. Ben Coman - Buller
5. Nic Cranston - Wanganui
6. Sione Ngatu - Poverty Bay
7. Peter Rowe (c) - Wanganui
8. Darren Munro - Wanganui
9. Andrew Stephens - Buller
10. Mark Davis - Wanganui
11. Nathan Hunt - Wairarapa Bush
12. Fa'aitu Tuamoheloa - South Canterbury
13. Pomare Samupo - East Coast
14. Tau Moeke - East Coast
15. Billy Guyton - North Otago
16. Nathan Tubb - South Canterbury
17. Ralph Darling - North Otago
18. Aarin Dunster - King Country
19. Fraser Hammond - Wanganui
20. Ben Draper - King Country
21. Brook Tremayne - Thames Valley
22. Lemisio Masoe - North Otago
Head Coach Grainger Heikell has named a side with a lot of rugby experience and said those named would be great representatives of the Heartland Championship.
"We've got a good scrum and are happy with the strength we've got up front. We've also got an impressive loose forward trio, which should produce some good ball for the backs who will hopefully run with it.
"This is going to be a tough match, up against a very good opponent. New Zealand Marist has ITM Cup and Heartland Championship players in the mix and are sure to provide the boys with ideal preparation ahead of our tour to Samoa."
These two teams last met in 2011 in Pukekohe, a match won 15-14 by New Zealand Marist. Nine players who have been named in the team were part of that match.
King Country's Ben Draper has replaced injured Wanganui halfback Mat Koubaridis in the squad, after Koubaridis was ruled unfit following an injury in last weekend's Meads Cup Final.
Heartland XV v New Zealand Marist
Saturday 3 November, 12.30pm at College Rifles Rugby Club, Auckland
Most popular News:
New Zealand Rugby mourns the loss of Peter Henderson28.Nov.2014
Big questions as the All Blacks close 201427.Nov.2014
All Blacks Sevens named for Dubai and South Africa27.Nov.2014
2014 Steinlager Rugby Awards nominees26.Nov.2014
Springboks make eight changes for Wales26.Nov.2014
England keep 23-man squad intact for Wallabies26.Nov.2014