The All Blacks Top 20
James Mortimer 29 Sep 2013 Getty Images
2. Two more victories will nudge the All Blacks winning percentage over history to 76%.
3. Ma’a Nonu and Conrad Smith equalled the record set by Brian O’Driscoll and Gordon D’Arcy – 50 Tests as a starting pair.
4. The All Blacks have won 11 straight matches in The Investec Rugby Championship, breaking the tournament record by three.
5. New Zealand has won five straight away matches in The Rugby Championship, breaking their record set in 1996, 1997, 2009 and 2010.
6. Keven Mealamu has played 47 tournament matches, one behind Richie McCaw and George Gregan.
7. The All Blacks boasted the most experienced starting side over the weekend with 645 Test caps.
8. New Zealand enhanced their position as the best travelling team in world rugby, winning Test 179 for a 69.4% away record.
9. In theory, the All Blacks can afford to lose to the Springboks, with a lack of a South African bonus point the key.
10. Richie McCaw is due to make his Test return next week, a full two weeks ahead of schedule.
11. The All Blacks have conceded just seven tries in eight Tests this season.
12. New Zealand’s win over Argentina ensured they will retain the number one ranking irrespective of the Ellis Park result.
13. In 18 matches the All Blacks have never lost to the Pumas, Scotland holds the record with 29 Tests and no Kiwi scalp.
14. Julian Savea scored his 16th try in his 15th Test.
15. Kieran Read remains unbeaten as All Blacks captain.
16. The All Blacks have six Tests to close out 2013. No side has ever won 14 Tests without defeat in a calendar season.
17. Victory or a South African win without a bonus point will give the All Blacks their 12th tournament crown in 18 attempts.
18. 21 more points will give the All Blacks The Rugby Championship/Tri Nations record for points in a season.
19. Holding the Springboks tryless next weekend will equal the tournament record for tries conceded.
20. Steve Hansen has lost just one Test in 22 internationals, a 90.9% win record with a 32-14 aggregate score.
Most popular News:
Taranaki too good for Taniwha18.Sep.2014
Draw announced for 2015 Investec Super Rugby season18.Sep.2014
Burger called up by Springboks17.Sep.2014
Canterbury make three changes for Steelers17.Sep.2014
Tasman continue fairy tale run at Stags expense17.Sep.2014
Springboks rule out Louw, replacement to be named17.Sep.2014