Wallabies and Ireland named for Dublin
rugby.com.au, irishrugby.ie and James Mortimer 15 Nov 2013 Getty Images
Brian O'Driscoll earns his 127th cap since his Test debut against Australia in 1999 and will be partnered in midfield by Ulster youngster Luke Marshall.
Jonathan Sexton returns to the out-half berth and is reunited with his former provincial half-back partner Eoin Reddan.
There are a total of ten 2013 British & Irish Lions involved in the matchday squad - Rob Kearney, Tommy Bowe, O'Driscoll, Sexton, Conor Murray, Jamie Heaslip, O'Brien, O'Connell, Rory Best and Healy.
11 of the selected Ireland team started in the 2011 Rugby World Cup pool victory over Australia at Eden Park which was the last time these sides met.
Meanwhile the Wallabies have made three changes to their starting forward pack while hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau also makes his return from injury via the bench.
Those changes to the starting XV include backrower Scott Fardy returning at blindside flanker, prop Sekope Kepu receiving his second starting opportunity of 2013 at tighthead prop, and the versatile Rob Simmons reverting back to his more accustomed role in the second row.
Kepu comes into the starting line-up for fellow tighthead prop Ben Alexander, who is being rested for the match, which also opens the door for NSW Waratahs front-rower Paddy Ryan to receive his first Test opportunity of the year from the bench.
Ryan, 25, made his Test debut for Australia against France in Paris last year and has been a continually improving player for the Waratahs since playing his first Super Rugby match against New Zealand's Chiefs in 2011.
Joining Ryan on the bench is experienced 44-game Test hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau, who is set to put an injury-hit season behind him by playing his first game for the Wallabies in 2013.
15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster) 47
14. Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 52
13. Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) 126
12. Luke Marshall (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 3
11. Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 20
10. Jonathan Sexton (Racing Metro 92) 36
9. Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 51
1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 40
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 68
3. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster) 32
4. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 8
5. Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) 86 (capt)
6. Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 17
7. Sean O'Brien (UCD/Leinster) 28
8. Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) 58
16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 28
17. Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 1
18. Stephen Archer (Cork Constitution/Munster) 1
19. Mike McCarthy (Leinster) 13
20. Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 6
21. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster) 20
22. Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster) 5
23. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht) 2
1. James Slipper (Queensland Reds - 46 caps)
2. Stephen Moore (ACT Brumbies - 88 caps)
3. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs - 35 caps)
4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds - 34 caps)
5. James Horwill (Queensland Reds - 45 caps)
6. Scott Fardy (ACT Brumbies - 7 caps)
7. Michael Hooper (NSW Waratahs - 25 caps)
8. Ben Mowen (c - ACT Brumbies - 12 caps)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds - 52 caps)
10. Quade Cooper (vc - Queensland Reds - 47 caps)
11. Nick Cummins (Western Force - 10 caps)
12. Matt Toomua (ACT Brumbies - 9 caps)
13. Tevita Kuridrani (ACT Brumbies - 7 caps)
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs - 89 caps)
15. Israel Folau (NSW Waratahs - 12 caps)
16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW Waratahs - 44 caps)
17. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs - 64 caps)
18. Paddy Ryan (NSW Waratahs - 1 cap)
19. Sitaleki Timani (NSW Waratahs - 15 caps)
20. Liam Gill (Queensland Reds - 14 caps)
21. Nic White (ACT Brumbies - 8 caps)
22. Christian Leali'ifano (ACT Brumbies - 10 caps)
23. Joe Tomane (ACT Brumbies - 6 caps)
Most popular News:
British and Irish Lions appoint 2017 tour manager31.Jul.2014
Conrad Smith on bench for Wellington31.Jul.2014
Crusaders make no changes ahead of final against Waratahs31.Jul.2014
One day until #WRWC2014 begins!31.Jul.2014
Hansen: Australia have always been a threat31.Jul.2014
Woodcock in doubt for season31.Jul.2014