Fifteen facts ahead of All Blacks v Wallabies at Eden Park
James Mortimer 23 Aug 2014 Getty Images
2. New Zealand need to score 14 points to reach the milestone of 3,000 points against Australia.
3. Last weekend was the first time since 2004 that New Zealand failed to score a try in a Rugby Championship match.
4. New Zealand have 102 wins compared to Australia’s 41. There have been seven draws.
Kick-off (19:35 local, 04:35 ART, 07:35 GMT, 09:35 SAST, 17:35 AEST)
Referee: Romain Poite
AR1: Jaco Peyper
AR2: Stuart Berry
TMO: Shaun Veldsman
# Caps Starting Lineup: 660
Avg Age Starting Lineup: 28
Oldest Player: Keven Mealamu (35)
Youngest Player: Malakai Fekitoa (22)
Avg Weight Forwards: 113 kg
5. New Zealand have scored 2,986 points and 387 tries in that time. Australia have scored 2,055 points and 227 tries.
6. Based upon the averages, New Zealand would win this encounter 20-14.
7. The first Test match between the two teams was in Sydney, Australia, in 1903. New Zealand won 22-3 that day. Australia had to wait until their seventh encounter for their first victory, winning 11-0 in 1910.
8. At home, New Zealand have a record of 53 wins, 15 losses and one draw against Australia. New Zealand have scored 1,430 points and 175 tries in those matches, compared to 843 points and 102 tries for Australia.
9. It was honours even last weekend as the two nations drew 12-12. The last match on New Zealand soil resulted in a 41-33 victory for the home side.
10. New Zealand have won 62, drawn one and lost 22 matches in The Rugby Championship.
11. The All Blacks are on a 13-match undefeated streak in the competition.
12. The World Champions have won four and drawn one of their last five matches, scoring 120 points and 12 tries.
13. New Zealand are undefeated in their last 18 Test matches.
14. The All Blacks have won a world record 33 matches at home.
15. New Zealand have 660 Test caps worth of experience to call upon in their starting line-up compared to Australia’s 464.
Most popular News:
All Blacks selection round table: The loose forwards21.Dec.2014
Black Ferns gain automatic qualification into 2017 World Cup20.Dec.2014
Reds confirm Ballymore pre-season against Crusaders20.Dec.2014
Barbarians confirm 125th birthday clash with Argentina19.Dec.2014
Carter to leave New Zealand Rugby at end of 201518.Dec.2014
New Zealand Rugby mourns the loss of Jack Hazlett17.Dec.2014