At 2.00m tall, 'AB' as he his known to his teammates, is one of the new breed of tall and mobile young loose forwards on the scene.
First selected for the Blues in 2006 he took the lessons from his first year with the team and quickly applied them back in the Air New Zealand Cup. Boric was one of North Harbour's standout players in 2006 and was a key factor in the team's Ranfurly Shield win over Canterbury.
In 2008 Boric would become one of the senior All Blacks locks, playing in ten test matches throughout the year. His aerial skills were matched by a excellent workrate around the field.
Unfortunately injury would curtail his opportunities in 2009, playing limited games for the Blues in Super Rugby. He would though feature prominently in the All Blacks end of year tour, with strong performances against the English and France and was again selected for the All Blacks in 2010.
2008 v England
|Test Points Breakdown:||
2005 v Samoa
|Super Rugby Team:||
|Super Rugby Debut:||
2006 v Waratahs
|Super Rugby Caps:||
News 25.Aug.2011 See all news
• First national team selection was in 2006 when he made the Junior All Blacks team , working his way up the ladder through North Harbour age-group teams
• Started the last four matches of the 2005 Air New Zealand NPC campaign for North Harbour, including the Division One semifinal. Also started at lock in the season’s first match, his debut, against Samoa.
• Nominated as a Promising Player of the Year in the 2006 New Zealand Rugby Almanack.
• Attended Rosmini College in Takapuna, the same school as former All Blacks lock/flanker Blair Larsen.
• Has completed three years of a Bachelor of Engineering degree.