The All Blacks Top 20
James Mortimer 18 Aug 2013 Getty Images
Please note this list is in no particular order…
1. Richie McCaw is back – Need we say anymore
2. Ben Smith – as if you needed to prove anything at this point, you score a hat trick.
3. Like the Chiefs, the All Blacks don’t need much territory or possession to win.
4. One more match and one more win and it will be an 11-year reign with the Bledisloe Cup.
5. Carter has a fight on his hands, as Cruden is no longer the understudy.
6. Kieran Read kept walking towards the referee as if he was the captain, he has had a taste now…
7. The All Blacks back three looks beautifully balanced.
8. First ever Test side to win 100 matches against one nation.
9. McCaw first ever All Blacks forward to score 100 points.
10. Current run represents best ever ‘start’ by a Rugby World Cup champion.
11. Wallabies have less than a 40% winning record against the All Blacks in Sydney.
12. Every Australian city seems to have at least half a stadium’s worth of All Blacks supporters.
13. Old. No All Black looked old.
14. McCaw must be the most excited rugby centurion to play the game after his break.
15. Steven Luatua looked big. That is a good sign as a blindside flanker.
16. The All Blacks might just be the best bomb disposal unit in world rugby.
17. How much improvement is in the All Blacks?
18. In the last 17 trans-Tasman Tests, the All Blacks have won 15.
19. Experience rules – the 300 odd Tests that the All Blacks had to their advantage showed in the end.
20. Richie McCaw is back – Need we say anymore.