Jock Hobbs Under 19's NewsView all
• New Zealand Barbarian Schools finish with a strong 52-22 win over Fiji Schools
Jock Hobbs Memorial VideoView all
The Jock Hobbs Memorial National Under 19 Tournament returns for a sixth year in 2019, with the support of Mitre 10. The Tournament showcases the best up and coming talent in the country and forms a key talent identification opportunity for the New Zealand Under 20 programme. It has produced a host of players who have earned Provincial Union and Investec Super Rugby contracts, with a number moving on to even higher honours including All Blacks Jack Goodhue, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Rieko Ioane, Jordie Barrett and Asafo Aumua.
Taupo's Owen Delany Park will host the Tournament on Sunday 8th, Wednesday 11th and Saturday 14th September 2019. 400 players from 16 teams will compete across two divisions for the Graham Mourie Cup (premiership) and Sir Michael Jones Trophy (championship). Bay of Plenty and Waikato go into the tournament as defending champions of the Graham Mourie Cup and Michael Jones Trophy respectively. A selection of matches from the final day of the Tournament will be screened live on Sky Sport.
Jock Hobbs Memorial National Under 19 Tournament fact file:
- 400 players from 16 teams
- 14 Provincial Union teams (one from each Mitre 10 Cup Provincial Union)
- 1 Auckland Development team
- 1 combined team from the 12 Heartland Championship Unions
- 3 match days
- 24 matches (8 per match day)
- Graham Mourie Cup winners: Bay of Plenty (2018), Auckland (2017), Waikato (2016), Canterbury (2015), Wellington (2014)
- Sir Michael Jones Trophy winners: Waikato (2018), Counties-Manukau (2015-2017), Southland (2014)