Voting for the Sky Fans Try of the Year is open until next week, with the fans’ choice best try to be revealed at the ASB Rugby Awards in Auckland on 12 December.
The top 10 tries are:
1. Ardie Savea (Hurricanes v Highlanders)
2. Jesse Parete (Chiefs v Crusaders)
3. Sevu Reece (Crusaders v Lions)
4. Stuart Leach (1st XV Rotorua Boys v Tauranga)
5. TJ Perenara (All Blacks v Namibia – RWC)
6. Bryn Hall (North Harbour v Southland)
7. Chanel Atkin (Hawke’s Bay v Taranaki)
8. Sheree Hume (Otago v Taranaki)
9. Ayesha Leti-I’iga (Black Ferns v Wallaroos)
10. Caleb Makene (Hawke’s Bay v Tasman)
Watch the tries and vote HERE.
New Zealand Rugby (NZR) Chief Executive Steve Tew said the spread of tries from secondary schools to Farah Palmer Cup and to the All Blacks demonstrated the breadth of exciting talent on offer in New Zealand rugby.
“This is the one award where our fans get to decide the winner, and it’s great to see so many different parts of rugby represented,” he said.
Sky Chief Executive Martin Stewart said the shortlisted tries were just the tip of the iceberg in terms of outstanding tries in 2019.
“It was not an easy task selecting the 10 best from across rugby’s competitions and teams. Once again, we have seen and experienced a fantastic year full of colour and exciting rugby on Sky from First XV right through to the All Blacks and Black Ferns, with some exceptional tries that really are worth talking about.
“We encourage fans to get voting for their favourite and make the most of an award they get to choose,” he said.