New Zealand Rugby Commercial LP Privacy Statement
Your privacy matters to us
This privacy statement sets out how New Zealand Rugby Commercial LP (NZRC) ("we", "us" or "our") will collect, store, use and share personal information about our customers, including users of our online services (including our websites and apps) and rugby fans ("you" and "your").
NZRC is a subsidiary of New Zealand Rugby Union Incorporated (NZR) and is responsible for the commercial operations of NZR, including marketing to and communicating with our customers.
Both NZR and NZRC are committed to managing your personal information respectfully and lawfully.
From time to time NZRC may make changes to the way it handles personal information, to reflect changes in the law or our business operations. If so we will amend this privacy statement, and take appropriate steps to ensure that any material changes are communicated to you (for example by sending you an email or publishing a message on our website).
This statement does not apply to the practices of companies and/or other entities that NZRC or NZR does not own and/or control. We may offer links from our own websites or apps to third parties' websites. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties or linked websites which are not owned and/or controlled by NZRC.
What kinds of personal information does NZRC collect?
We collect personal information directly from you when you interact with us. We take care to collect only the personal information we need to meet our legitimate interests in delivering services and running our business.
Depending on the situation, this may include the following types of personal information:
- your name, age, date of birth, billing and/or shipping address, email address, gender, occupation and telephone number
- any information you provide to us through feedback or surveys
- information about which teams you support
- information about your communication and marketing preferences
- communications between us (eg questions asked using our website contact form)
- your ticket purchase and game attendance history, and
- photos or video of you from events organised by NZRC, from social media, or television broadcasts related to New Zealand rugby teams
In some cases we may collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
- when you choose to create an account or register for a product or service via our websites or All Blacks App using a third party service such as Google or Facebook,
- when a third party has your authorisation to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you buy merchandise through our online agent,
- when you buy tickets to our rugby matches through our ticketing partners, or contact them about our rugby matches. This information will usually include your name, address, phone number, email address, transaction details and marketing preferences. This information will be used by us for the purposes set out in this privacy statement.
When you use our websites or other online services we may also collect personal information about you in the following categories:
- device information - information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network, and
- other information - your IP address (including any country an IP address originates from), access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with our websites
When you download and use the All Blacks App, we use mobile analytics software provided by third parties to collect information about the type of device you use, its operating system, your geolocation (depending on your device settings and permissions), and browsing and usage data such as how often you use the All Blacks App and from where you downloaded the All Blacks App.
When you register or log in to your Team All Blacks or New Zealand Rugby Fan profile via the All Blacks App, we will be able to identify you, and will collect information about your device, and your usage of and activity on the app.
Depending on your personal device permissions and settings, we may also collect information about your location and use this to send location-based content to you. You can opt-out of location-based services at any time by editing your location settings on your device.
How does NZRC collect personal information?
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- purchase tickets for rugby matches in New Zealand
- enter competitions and promotions
- attend rugby hospitality events
- subscribe to our membership programs or newsletters, or
- access our websites, apps or social media platforms.
How does NZRC use personal information?
Where you have registered for a NZRC online service and/or given consent to receive communications from us we will use your personal information to provide you with services, offers and/or communications, which may include:
- offers or promotions from commercial partners of NZR or NZRC
- news, offers & promotions from NZR or NZRC that we think you'll be interested in
- information about ticketing, hospitality or travel packages
- offers from the NZRC official retail stores, and
- content recommendations
We may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for our internal administrative, planning and research requirements
- to assist with any calls or enquiries you make to us
- to allow you to use and enjoy the functionality of our websites and other online services
- to administer and improve our websites and other online services for your use, including customisation based on your preferences
- to create custom and lookalike audiences for digital marketing purposes
- to compile and analyse statistics, trends and online behaviour
- to meet legal requirements and manage business risk
- for any other purpose we tell you about and/or obtain your consent for when we collect your personal information, and
- for any other lawful purposes (including those authorised by the Privacy Act 2020).
Who does NZRC share personal information with?
To meet the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, where they need access to personal information to do their jobs
- NZR (limited to sharing details of match tickets provided to or purchased by key stakeholders)
- our professional service providers such as our lawyers and accountants
- other trusted third parties that we use for the purposes set out above in the ordinary operation of our business (such as our information technology providers), or
- to other agencies as required or permitted by law
If we utilise the services of third parties and disclose your personal information to those third parties for the purposes set out above, we will require those third parties to protect your personal information from unauthorised use and disclosure.
We may use the services of third parties located in countries other than New Zealand and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas third parties manage and protect your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and other relevant privacy laws.
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information.
Yes we do. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and are used to record how you navigate our websites and the All Blacks App on each visit, including providing us with information about pages and advertisements (including click through from emails) which have been viewed, how frequently particular pages are visited and the most popular areas of our websites/the app.
In addition to cookies, we may use Google Analytics and other tracking software including, but not limited to, Google, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter retargeting throughout our websites and the All Blacks App to understand and optimise user experience and to improve our advertising. This tracking software collects and analyses certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behaviour and usage information, and other similar information.
We and any of our third-party analytics service providers may:
- use the cookies of that analytics service provider together with the cookies of another analytics provider to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on a user's past visits to this website.
Turning off cookies and opting out of analytics
You do not have to accept cookies and can change your browser settings to prevent cookies being stored on your computer. But if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your experience.
For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics using the ads settings at www.google.com/settings/ads.
How do I opt out of receiving communications from NZRC?
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than operational communications required for the running of our business, such as providing information about products you have purchased or subscriptions you have) by:
- logging into your Team All Blacks or New Zealand Rugby Fan Profile and updating your communication preferences, or deleting your profile
- contacting us in writing using the contact details below, or
- using the unsubscribe link in any email or text message we send you
How does NZRC retain and protect personal information?
We may retain personal information about you electronically and in hard copy records. We will retain personal information only for as long as we have a lawful purpose to use it, and we take all reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information that we no longer need.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
If a privacy breach occurs (for example your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) and the breach may cause you serious harm we will notify you and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner or other relevant regulator.
What are my privacy rights?
You have the right to request access to, or correction of, personal information we hold about you at any time. You can do this using the contact details shown below.
We are part of a global rugby community, and process personal information about people from all over the world. Depending on where you are, you may be entitled to additional privacy rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws.
For example, if you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom then you also have the right, in certain circumstances, to:
- withdraw your consent for processing or
- request your personal information be erased
- require your personal information to be provided to you or transmitted to another entity in a machine-readable format
- object to processing of your personal information (including for direct marketing) and to not be subject to automatic processing (including profiling), and
- complain to your local supervisory authority
If you are located in the USA then, depending on which state you are in, you may also have the right to request us to delete your personal information or to stop sharing it with others (such as our service providers).
If you are located in Japan you can ask us to delete your personal information or to stop using or sharing it, and can also ask to know who we have shared your personal information with.
If you wish to exercise any of your privacy rights or are unhappy with any aspect of how we have handled your personal information, please contact us on the contact details shown below.
You also have the right to complain to the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner or any other relevant privacy regulator.
How can I raise a privacy concern with NZRC?
If you have concerns about the way NZRC has managed your personal information, or you think that we have breached the Privacy Act or other privacy or data protection laws, let us know using the contact details below.
Our Privacy Officer will investigate your concerns and do our best to resolve the matter with you.
NZRC Contact Details
Any questions, requests or complaints about this statement or the management of personal information should be made to our Privacy Officer, using the following contact details.
Physical Address: 100 Molesworth Street, Thorndon, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Postal Address: PO Box 2172, Wellington 6140, New Zealand.
Telephone: +64 4 499 4995
Email: [email protected]
Website form/link: https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/about-nzr/contact-us/
This privacy statement is dated 3 May 2023.